What is calibrated in factory?
We developed an advanced Calibration procedure that is applied on every sensor we deliver. This procedure is able to compensate for most errors observed in MEMS sensors technology:
- Gain and bias temperature compensation for accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Gain temperature compensation for magnetometers
- Cross-axis and misalignment effects compensation for accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometers
- Non linearity correction for gyroscopes
- Gyro-G effect compensation for gyroscopes
The calibration procedure is performed over the full specified temperature range, so our sensors performance will be optimal at any temperature in the specified range.
Is there any other calibration on customer side?
The only calibration you will have to do is the magnetometers calibration, in case you configured the device to use a magnetic heading.
Is it possible to decalibrate the product?This should not happen as long as the sensor is operated in normal conditions.
But in case of a shock above the absolute maximum ratings or if the sensor experienced very strong vibrations for a long time, then you may have a bias. If that happens, you should contact the support team.